Mother Nature 1, Erin 0.

So, as always, the weekend didn’t turn out to be as productive as planned. Perhaps it’s because of the afore-mentioned overachiever to-do list. That, paired with the ridiculous Midwest heat led to some things that didn’t quite make the “done” list this weekend.

Things that got done:

  1. Washed MOST laundry, thanks to Andy. Yet to be put away…sigh…
  2. Cabinets did not get stripped due to lack of energy. I’m moving my work station out into the garage, which no longer has electricity, so that will limit me to hours during which I can see what the heck I’m doing. More on this later in the week.
  3. Bought new side table on sale – Stay tuned for a photo.
  4. Purchased patio umbrella on clearance – should be arriving this week
  5. Pulled weeds in yard. Just my luck, I did this at 9am Sunday. Little did I know Mother Nature would pay a visit and it would have been MUCH easier to pull weeds today instead

I wasn’t able to do a lot of things on the list, like take the puppy to the dog park. Puppy was sick Saturday/Sunday, as evidenced here.

On the other hand, I love to bake. What better time to bake than a 90-degree summer day in the midwest? Brilliant. I decided peach pie it would be:

Having felt accomplished with the peach pie, I moved onto another house project. The deck hasn’t been waterproofed this year. We had a forecast of 90-degree days for about 10 days in a row, so I thought it would be a great time to do this project.

I found the can of water sealant from last year and was delighted to find that I could use my new hand-pump spray bottle. So easy! The sad news is, I realized quickly one can wasn’t going to do.

Dang. Off to the store it was. KMart was a no-go for deck sealant period. The guy actually said to us, “We don’t even mix paint anymore.” Nice. We got to Home Depot, walked in, and the lights turned off. We ran around and found some water sealant, grabbed two cans, and quickly made it to the regsiter. The reason I was hurrying was because it was now 8pm, a race against sunlight to get the deck sealed. I also wanted to increase the chances of it drying sooner.

I finished the rest of the deck in 20 minutes. I felt proud. I was sore, my back hurt, but I was done.

Until I woke up at 2 am to a very violent and unpredicted thunderstorm.

Up yours, mother nature.


One response to “Mother Nature 1, Erin 0.

  1. you go, girl.

    you don’t go, mother nature.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s